Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Pavanatma is committed to a policy of continuous quality assurance leading to quality improvement achieved through accurate and ongoing self assessment.Pavanatma is committed to a policy of continuous quality assurance leading to quality improvement achieved through accurate and ongoing self assessment.
The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the college. The IQAC may channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence. It should not be yet another hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution,it would be a facilitative and participative organ of the institution. The IQAC should become a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
Pavanatma Quality Statement
Pavanatma will strive to pursue national standards of excellence in teaching, learning, research, and consultancy, and to remain accountable in our core and support functions, through processes of self-evaluation andcontinuous improvement.
To design, implement and improve the systems for self-assessment, Pavanatma has constituted an Internal Quality Assurance Cell which is coordinating all the efforts of the institution in the direction of quality improvement. The quality assurance system as developed by the IQAC ensures the delivery of the quality policy ata number of levels:
- Through the Administrative Council and the Managing board,which will ensure that the overall mission of the college is being achieved.
- Through IQAC, CPIC, and the Staff Council which hold the ultimate responsibility for academic quality in the college and advise the various academic departments in matters of quality assurance.
- At a Departmental level through the HOD and faculty,who are responsible for quality in their specific departments.
- At a student level through student services, the class mentors, student mentors, and class representatives.
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities of the College, leading to quality Improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
Benefits of IQAC
a) Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
b) Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
c) Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices.
d) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
e) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges.
f) Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
Dr.Saji Joseph: Coordinator
Jins Mathew :Joint Coordinator
External members of IQAC
- Dr. Joe Thomas
Provides expert Guidance in curriculum development and in framing the quality policy in teaching-learning
- Dr. Sr. Suguna M.S.
Supported in building Collaboration with Alphonsa Hospital Murickassery for medical welfare schemes of the college and outreach activities.
Pavanatma Quality Manual
The quality maintenance and improvement strategy developed by IQAC consists of many systems that are documented in the Pavanatma Quality Manual (PQM) (click here to download the PQM), which is the basis of all quality maintenance initiatives of the institution.