B.Sc.CHEMISTRY(B.Sc. Chemistry (Main). Mathematics and Physics Complementary.)
Chemistry is the science of matter, especially its chemical reactions, but also its composition, structure and properties. Chemistry is concerned with atoms and their interactions with other atoms, and particularly with the properties of chemical bonds. Chemistry is sometimes called "the central science" because it connects physics with other natural sciences
- To enable the students
- To understand basic facts and concepts in Chemistry while retaining the exciting aspects of Chemistry so as to develop interest in the study of chemistry as discipline.
- To acquire the knowledge of terms, facts, concepts, processes techniques and principles of the subject.
- To develop the ability to apply the principles of Chemistry.
- To be inquisitive towards advanced chemistry and developments therein.
- To appreciate the achievements in Chemistry and to know the role of Chemistry in nature and in society.
- To develop problem solving skills.
- To be familiarized with the emerging areas of Chemistry and their applications in various spheres of Chemical sciences and to apprise the students of its relevance in future studies.
- To develop skills in the proper handling of apparatus and chemicals.
- To be exposed to the different processes used in industries and their applications.
Area of coverage:
This course gives emphasis to the chemistry in every- day life. This covers the basic areas of Organic, Inorganic and physical Chemistry. To make the subject more interesting it provides both theoretical and practical approach to the subject.
Job opportunities :
Teaching, Research, Chemist
M.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc. Analytical chemistry, M.Sc. Applied chemistry, M.Sc. Bio-Chemistry, M.Sc. pharmaceutical chemistry, M.Sc. Industrial chemistry, M.Sc. Polymer chemistry, M.Sc. Environmental science, M.Sc. Bio-technology, M.Sc. Bio-informatics, M.Sc. Forensic Science, M.Sc. Bio-polymer Science, M.Sc. Food technology, M.Sc. Textile Chemistry
To make learning more effective the Department of Chemistry provides Lab facility, Department library and an efficient smart class room for the students of pavanatma.